Sa Tanca Deia ET/4438
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 5
- Property type: Outstanding house in Central Deia with amazing views, Sea Views, Town House
- Pool Yes Possible to Heat
This traditionally stone built 4 bedroom villa is in the picturesque village of Deia. It is tastefully furnished and boasts the most wonderful views over the village of Deia, the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains. It is situated in a quiet area on the sunny side of the village.
Sa Tanca is in a quiet cul-de-sac immediately above the world famous La Residencia Hotel and hidden from tourists and traffic. The house is literally a stone’s throw from the hotel and only a few minutes’ walk from anywhere in the village. It is the perfect holiday retreat for those who want to avoid the use of the car, be private and inconspicuous and yet still feel very much part of Deia. Beautifully built in the Finca style the house has views of the church, the Tramuntana Mountains and across the rooftops of La Residencia to the sea beyond. The house combines the best of the past with the luxury of the present.
The interior of the property is spacious, light and airy. It is tastefully decorated throughout, featuring old and new handcraft furnishings as well as comfortable easy chairs and sofas and a variety of original artwork.
Evergreen oak furniture, beamed ceilings and white walls all combine harmoniously, creating a relaxed and comfortable environment. Care and attention to detail is also apparent in the exterior of the property; a private pool sits next to a lawn with a olive tree and a very private garden stocked with palm, olive, citrus fruit and cypress trees, bougainvillea and climbers.
There are a various places to enjoy al fresco dining; the loggia in the central courtyard is ideal for breakfast, the pool area is great for lunch in the shade of the pergola, and the privacy of the garden. The wisteria covered pergola on the front terrace is perfect for evening drinks or dinner whilst enjoying the wonderful views of Deia village, the sea and the sunsets.
The centre of the village is just a short walk away, with its numerous restaurants, bars and boutiques.
GROUND FLOOR: The double height entrance hall leads to the left into an open living/dining and kitchen area, straight ahead is the loggia, courtyard and pool and on the right to the sitting/TV room. The ground floor living areas have French windows opening into the garden.
Living / Dining & Kitchen: compromises:
- A traditional Mallorca canopied seating area around an open fireplace providing an ideal place to relax.
- A large oak dining table seats 8 to 10 people.
- A shower room that communicates with the pool and dining area.
- A large kitchen, with Corian worktops, is fully equipped with modern appliances, including plumbed-in steam oven, electric oven, Gaggenau 2-ring gas hob, 2 ring electric hob, electric barbecue, toaster, Nespresso, juicer etc.
- A separate larder with dishwasher, large fridge, chiller, freezer and ice maker.
Utility Room: At the end of the loggia is a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
The sitting room has a Flat screen TV with Satellite, DVD player, Music System (with Bose speakers piped through the living room), and opens out onto the front terrace and rear loggia.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms:
Upstairs there are 4 ensuite bedrooms, all with Air Conditioning & fans. All these bathrooms feature beautiful Venetian plaster:
- 1 master bedroom with views of Deia village and sea, king size four-poster bed with en-suite Jacuzzi bath and terrace.
- 1 double bedroom with views of Deia village, king-size bed (or two singles) with en-suite shower room.
- 1 twin with two single beds, with en-suite shower room.
- The fourth bedroom in a wing which has its own entrance from the courtyard up a stone stair, which makes it independent from the rest of the house if one wishes. It has a king-size four poster bed , with a raised study area with broadband connection and its own private garden.
The en-suite bathroom with freestanding bath is situated in a tower and has windows in all directions, giving wonderful views of the mountains.
Study: There is also a separate second study on the first floor also with broadband connection
Garage: There is a double garage and parking for 2 to 3 more cars.
Swimming pool: tiled pool (4m x 8m) with a safety cover.
Al Fresco Dining: The loggia at the rear of the house overlooking the traditional cobbled courtyard has a professional stainless steel built-in barbecue and an elm dining table for 8. There is a second dining area for eight under the shady pergola by the pool. The front terrace has a third dining area seating 8 around a Moroccan tiled table under the wisteria pergola with fabulous views of the village and sunsets. There is another table for 4 in the private garden to the wing.
Sun-loungers: there are 10 sun-loungers; 2 are on the terrace to the master bedroom.
Maid service: Cleaning & linen change is provided at the end of each week, and in High Season a mid-week clean is also included. Additional maid service is available by arrangement. Bath and pool towels for house use are provided.
Gardening and Pool Maintenance provided.
SMOKING: Please note that smoking is NOT allowed in this property.